Video Quiz - Make as many copies as needed for class use.
This quiz is not shown on the video but can be used to test comprehension and encourage further reading. Answer the following questions after viewing the video The Wild West Story of Buffalo Bill Cody.
1) What was Buffalo Bill's real name?
2) How did Bill Cody get his name?
3) What does the term "Western Scout" mean?
4) Finish the Librarian's quote, "a museum is like a good book. It makes __________________ come _____________."
5) What was Bill Cody's fathers name?
6) The Kansas-Nebraska Act was passed in what year?
7) At the age of 16 years, Bill made one of the longest rides in Pony Express history, riding _______ miles in _____ hours and ______ minutes, using _____ horses.
8) At the age of 18, Cody fought in the Civil War on the side of the Union (North) or Confederate (South) army. (Please circle the correct response).
9) Bill Cody won the Congressional Medal of Honor in what year?
10) Buffalo Bill Cody became world famous with his creation of the __________ ____________ ______________.
2) What was the mistake Trevor Vaughn (the student actor) made when confronting the school bully?
3) What are some of the character traits that you have grown to admire about Buffalo Bill Cody? How can you apply these to your life?